Đề cương ôn thi THPT Quốc gia Tiếng Anh:
Phần I-Các chuyên đề:
CHUYÊN ĐỀ 9-LIÊN TỪ (CONJUNCTIONS):
* PHẦN 1: LÝ THUYẾT: IV. Conjunctive Adverbs
*A conjunctive adverb is an adverb that functions somewhat like a coordinating conjunction.
*Conjunctive adverbs usually connect independent clauses.
A semicolon precedes the conjunctive adverb, and a comma usually follows it.
Examples of Conjunctive Adverbs in Sentences
- You must do your homework; otherwise, you might get a bad grade.
- I will not be attending the show. Therefore, I have extra tickets for anyone that can use them.
- Amy practiced the piano; meanwhile, her brother practiced the violin.
- Marion needed to be home early. Consequently, she left work at 3 p.m.
List of Conjunctive Adverbs